pages

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Altered Halloween Spell Book

I think the most fun projects I ever made were made for Halloween. I love all the creepy spooky stuff you get to add to everything and even if I don't celebrate this holiday it's still fun. This altered spell book takes a little time to create but I think the result is worth the wait.


You start with an old book and a plastic skull. If you have a spider or some other Halloween embellishment you can use that instead. The next step is to create texture on the front cover of the book by adding the skull and a spider web with a hot glue gun. Don't worry if the lines are not straight or you get glue hair, the more texture the better.



When the glue is dry cover it with a damp paper towel and Mod Podge. Once that's dry (remember I told you it takes time? Be patient) paint everything with black acrylic paint. It doesn't look much but when the paint dries make the lines of the web pop out with Inka gold. I also added a little brown acrylic paint to add another layer of color.


The final step is to glue the two front and back pages to the inside of the cover and age everything with distress ink. Next time we'll work on the inside of the book...Can't wait!

Don't miss out! Keep up with all the crafty goodness by subscribing to the Einat Kessler creative newsletter

Have fun creating! 

1 comment: